I have a mission to upgrade my single FAS 3020 to cluster FAS 3050.
With the help from NetApp professional service team, i managed to
- Removed the 3020 head and replaced with new 3050 head and re-own the disk.
- Setup cluster environment.
Here is the detail for my 3020:
FC disk shelf x 6
4 port-channel network cable
My ultimate goal:
- Upgrade to Ontap 126.96.36.199P2
- Upgrade all Firmware(disk,disk shelf….etc)
- Setup cluster(filer A & B)
- snapmirror 2.8TB over to filer B.
The upgrade finished successfully and smoothly. The challenging part will be snapmirror. We have 2 days down time and was hoping the snapmirror to finish ASAP.
NetApp told me the rough calculation is :
~200GB / hour = 14 hours for the snapmirror if everything goes well.
During the snapmirror , there were no activities on both filer except snapmirror.
The destination(filerB) CPU load was ~45%(sysstat -m) and the speed was about 220GB/hour.
I am so glad that the snapmirror for 2.8TB finished within 12hours. Oh ya, the filer B is also configured with 4 port channel network.
I searched for so many sites and there is no article/blog mentioning about the snapmirror time, you may refer to NetApp for the data or just refer to my post 🙂